Saturday, January 17, 2009

STRAIGHT pride flag?

I understand fully that any and every one is entitled to a pride flag. A bear pride flag, a Latino pride flag...but a STRAIGHT pride flag? I mean, the gay pride flag is symbolic of pride to be in a minority that is by and large denied of their rights. But what is the point of a straight pride flag, exactly? I have never heard of a person who is ashamed of being straight, except maybe Pete Wentz who wishes he was gay- except that he's apparently gotten over THAT since he's married to a WOMAN now!
Does anybody understand the point of a straight pride flag? Like, a reason for it? Cuz it's not like I'd even WANT one. I'm not in some minority and certainly I don't feel obligated to tell people I'm straight upon meeting them....

No comments:

Post a Comment